Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tea Party Essentials

I've said before that "Thrifting is Hapiness" and boy, I meant it! :)  I've slowly but surely been gathering all of the "essentials" for my Wunkie Princess' upcoming "Cupcake and Tea" birthday party!  You can check out my DIY invitations here.  :)  My local thrift store has "half off week" at the beginning of each month (I KNOW! GREAT, RIGHT!?), and I usually hit the store at least three times that week!  Over the past two months, I've gathered the following tea cups, tea pots, and cake dishes (most of them vintage):

 The "Dream" sign was picked up by my mom-in law at her local Christmas Tree Shop for something awesome like $3.  Here is some more I picked up:
The BEST part: THE PRICES! 
The complete green set with teapot and creamer, 5 teacups, 5 saucers, and 5 cake plates was marked at $15.  I got it for $7.  The two blue sets were each marked at $4 and $6.  The 2 pink teapots were each marked at $3.  Half off, baby! :) The teapot that says "Tea" is from TJMaxx, for $3. Oh and a free box to put it all in!  My grand total for Wunkie's tea party essentials: $16!!!! :) 

Aside from the actual tea sets, I purchased a vintage silver tray for $2, and a vintage silver cake stand for $4 at an estate sale.  I also purchased several crystal pieces at the same thrift store, during half off week for $1 each.  I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!  But I have to say, la piece de resistance, is this incredible vintage vanity with mirror and stool I scored on Craigslist for only $75!!!  

I can't wait to get started on it!!  Just look at those details!  The ball and claw feet!! AHH! :) Wunkie wants it to be pink, of course.  I really hesitate to paint such a lovely piece in pink.  I want it to be antique white!!  What do you think??

Linking at:






Beyond The Picket Fence





Organize and Decorate Everything







Stuff and Nonsense


Homemaker In Heels











Designer Garden

5 comments:

  1. that vanity is gorgeous!!! I would have a hard time painting it pink too! Would she be satisfied if you painted it white and added pink hardware or pink fabric to the seat??

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Isn't it!?! Seriously, I suggested antique white with Pink Crystal Anthropologie knobs, Pink Michael Miller fabric, and even maybe a pink stencil along the sides...she just kept shaking her head. LOL...she sure is stubborn! I wonder where she gets it from! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my great finds I love treasure hunting and just the other day I did a bit of my own :) come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thank you!! Will definitely check your blog out! It's always fun when you find something amazing and pay so little for it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello SJ! :) Thank you so much for your kind words! I will most definitely post to your awesome Blog Party! Thanks again for checking my baby blog out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I LOVE comments! I try to get back to each one individually, especially when it's a question! If for whatever reason I don't, please always feel free to email me your questions and I will always write back!

My Favorite things!

All content owned and created by

Evelin Alvarez-Flores

2009 © 2020


blog design by:
HTML Map